BP Oil Disaster-Day 46
On day 46 of BP’s bungling:
- Scientists determine oil spill will reach Atlantic coast within 6 months.
- There’s a mole in the cleanup efforts:
- BP’s got good reason for wanting to keep insiders like Elmer away from reporters. Elmer says that last Thursday, when the Coast Guard was announcing that the top kill seemed to be working, the cleanup supervisors on Grand Isle had already been informed it was a failure—which, of course, was not publicly announced until several days later.
- President Obama arrived in the Gulf region earlier today for this third trip since the disaster began.
- BP CEO Hayward says they are “quite encouraged” by their latest efforts to stop the leak. In BP-speak this means it will be a complete failure and crude oil will continue to pour into the ocean unabated.
This will be a daily update until the leak is stopped or BP no longer exists. Whichever happens first.